It looked like tornado Tuesdays (as Brent has coined league night) was going to strike again but the weather cleared and a nice round of golf was enjoyed by all.
Some hot scores:
- Clint threw another 8 under par, 46. Nice shooting Clint!
- Shane had his disc pulled from the pile for the weekly members prize draw. Shane earns himself a sweet LDD tuque, a Disc Golf Guy sticker and a Mill Street bottle opener.
- Brent and Ryan had to pace it out to see who threw the CTP, word is Brent edged Ryan out by a toe to take home the Double Trouble Brewing Co. CTP
- For all the die-hards that have been braving the extreme weather this year, we threw a magical toss from the “No Swimming” sign all the way to basket number 2. Some creative lines were attempted but in the end it was Rick edging out Brent to take home a Hairy Harvest Magic, Legacy sticker and bracelet.
This past Saturday the LDD hit up the Toronto Island Open to great success. In the MA1 division, Clint placed 2nd. In MA2 Brent placed 2nd and Eric won 1st! Eric earned his golden ticket to the provincial finals which brings the total to 11 PDGC players who have qualified to date. With 3 league golden tickets left to give out, PDGC will have no fewer than 14 players representing at the provincials! July 29 is Golden Ticket night at PDGC so be sure to attend! The 3 tickets will be awarded as follows (to those who have not already qualified):
- Best league average
- Best score of the night
- A vote for the player who wants it most! Start campaigning now.
(ODSA rules state that league tickets must be awarded in a competitive manner so the 4 players with the most votes will play against each other July 29th for the last ticket)
The LDD will be in action again July 19 and 20th for the ODSA gold series Brampton Breezy Treez. This is a merch-out tournament so there is no players pack or lunch but if you register before this coming Sunday July 13th, you’ll save $5. http://www.discgolfontario.com/forum/index.php/topic,2046.0.html
I believe there might also be a crew heading to Kitchener July 19th for the cash payout Throwdown at Chicopee. http://www.discgolfontario.com/forum/index.php/topic,1936.0.html Great to see so much Disc Golf action happening this summer!